As I watched this list flow by in Twitter, one point at a time, it seemed fascinating to me that the list seems to describe me. I had to answer yes to all 10 points. Are these really all associated with being an entrepreneur? You be the judge:
- You don’t read long emails
- You have a short attention span
- You look forward to Mondays
- You hate meetings
- You’re very impatient
- You don’t stand in lineups (wait in lines)
- You don’t REALLY read long contracts even though you say you did
- You hate small talk
- You think most things could be done much quicker
- You often have business dreams
As for me, yes, on all 10 points. Well, sure, with some ifs-and-buts-about-it: maybe I don’t hate all meetings, just most of them; and maybe I miss the days when I could focus in hard for several hours and get way more done that I would have thought possible; but still, most of these points hit right on.
So I followed up. The list came from Andrew Patricio, who turns out to be an entrepreneur and a trainer of entrepreneurs (his Twitter bio says “I was born to inspire entrepreneurs”) from Ontario, Canada. I’d been following him because of some interesting tweets. We haven’t met. In email, he told me he came up with this list while sitting in a doctor’s office waiting for an appointment.